I think somebody posted this on here a couple of weeks back. She's the young lady that graduated from Ervinton isn't she?
Here's the link.
http://www.hostboard.com/LDPforum/ub...962#Post238962
Good luck Holly..I don't know this gal but I think It is pretty neat that she is doing well...Hope the link works..
http://www.bravotv.com/Make_Me_A_Sup...=model&p=holly
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
I think somebody posted this on here a couple of weeks back. She's the young lady that graduated from Ervinton isn't she?
Here's the link.
http://www.hostboard.com/LDPforum/ub...962#Post238962
Opps I didn't see it..I'm not sure but I think It said she grew up in Appy...
[url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]
It was 8 or 9 pages back in the Non-Sports Forum.
She was originally from Nora, and lists her hometown as Coeburn.
She's the one that said in her video bio that everyone around here works in coal mines and has babies at 16 (why perpetuate the stereotype?)
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I said it before, I'll say it again.
SKANK
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elp6n</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She was originally from Nora, and lists her hometown as Coeburn.
She's the one that said in her video bio that everyone around here works in coal mines and has babies at 16 (not so far fetched but why perpetuate the stereotype?) </div></div>
Its not a stereotype its the truth, look in the highschools on any graduation day 10% might go to college and the rest go into the mining industry and at least 10% of the girls are pregant and/or have a kid already. So do I think its a stereotype when you bring it on yourself, I think not. Im not totally disagreeing with you elp6n I dont think she should have said it, but people have got to do better around here or we will be stereotyped like this forever. Its not going to happen though
[img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]
Saying "everyone" works in the mines and "everyone" has babies at 16 isn't 100% accurate. She didn't say "10% of teenage girls in hs are pregnant." Yes there's a lot of it, but I disagree with her dragging those of us down that don't fit into that stereotype. It was too broad of a statement.
Just for an example, I do not work in a mine. I am 31 (ack I hate saying that out loud lol) - I have no kids. I graduated from a 4-year college.
People DO have to do better to escape the stereotype, that's absolutely true. I'll even go so far to say it seems that many even embrace the "kids at 16 got nothing better to do" lifestyle. (goes along with the getting on disability & drawing a check ambition in life)
But some of us are already working on doing better. I'd dare say a good number on this board qualify for that statement.
At least she didn't portray the area as poorly as American Idol did last year (or National Geographic did a number of years back)!
You'll shoot your eye out.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]
I know that is not true, because more than 70% of the graduates of J.J. Kelly go on to a two or four year college after graduation.
I don't know about it being true anymore. The mining jobs aren't there for people to go to, and the ones that are out there won't hire someone out of high school with no experience they only want experienced miners.
Personally I don't really care what people away from here think of us.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Bookmarks